Local road 2 mile course

Today I did a course on local roads, the loop is 2 miles in length. The weather was partly cloudy and 63 degrees with winds out of the North at 6 mph. This course takes me on development streets and on county and state roads with the most heavily traveled being State Route 27. On Route 27 there is a 5 foot wide shoulder about half the length and little or no shoulder the rest of the way. The next heaviest road is Henderson Road but I am on there for only 4 tenths of a mile, and there is a shoulder for maybe 50' and it is very narrow. I one part of the loop there is construction going on for the addition of underground power lines. That is where the problem is, the construction workers felt it would be funny that on each round of my course they would move the cones out into traffic farther and farther each time. And as I came around expecting the cones to be in the same place, I would have to swing wide into the opposite traveling lane. As I went by I heard them laughing among them selves. After the third lap I decided to stop and see what they were doing, and sure enough one of the workers moved the cone at the corner far out. I was not going to play there game so I said something to the cop that was protecting the other end of the work zone. And when I came around again he watched and saw what this guy was doing. Needless to say it didn't happen again. A women runner also complained before I did, so the cop was real angry when I told him. I decided to use a different route to finish my 10 miles. The rest of the route was free from any problems. I honestly think the worker meant no harm, just thought it was funny, and didn't think of what could of happened to the girl or myself.

I still have not received my package containing the Heart Rate Monitor form Nashbar. It is amazing how long it takes a parcel post package to reach NJ from Ohio with only one state to cross. I know I continue to complain and I still use Nashbar. I think this will be my last time using them, it isn't worth the aggravation. Or if I do use them I will pay the extra for 2nd day UPS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride