Fantastic Ride Police in view!

This morning I planned my ride around the chores I had to do during the day, and the coming storm. And everything seemed to fall into place, at least that is what I thought. I chose a scenic ride along the D & R canal, which has narrow roads and some sharp bends, which are no problem to maneuver. Sometimes the road is not in great shape, but it was fine today. I had reached my sixteenth mile when my cell phone went off, I thought it was my wife calling during break or lunch. Well I was wrong, it was the alarm company telling me that my alarm at home has gone off and the police were in route. I was a little concerned because we just had to replace our home alarm do to false alarms. Well I got home and the police had already left, and I entered the house to find the alarms motion detector had gone off. We had the motion detector turned off because we didn't have time to chase the cat down and put her in one of the rooms not protected by the motion detector. So right away I new something was wrong with the alarm. I checked and found out the alarm technician programmed the alarm wrong and the motion detector was on in all modes including the Stay at home mode. Now I have to hang around until the tech, gets here Tuesday. I did a short program on the alarm control box so we can still use the alarm. That alarm problem sure did shorten my ride, well maybe I will have better luck next ride.

When I had the flat the other day the LBS mechanic gave me the wrong size tube as a spare. He gave me a 20-1.75 tube not a 20-1.35 tube. I also checked my spare rear tube and found it to be a 26-1.25 which should work on the 26-1.50 tire. So I re-ordered a new 20" spare. Good thing I didn't need it. I don't think it would have been a problem because there is Slime in all my tires. Well Slime will work on most small holes, anything big and I am up the creak with out a paddle.

Comments

Ashley Guy said…
Thanks for your blog. After reading yours for a few days I decided to start my own. I'll be getting my trike in about a week. I can't wait.

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride