Fantastic Day!

Last evening a friend recommended that I take the trike to a new park in town that has a paved bike path. So this morning I loaded the Black Window in my SUV and drove over to the park. As I entered the park I saw a bike path traveling parallel to the entry road. I followed the path to the top and the parking area was at the top. This path was very hilly with huge climbs, and a total length of 1/4 mile. I unloaded the trike and hit the upper level of the path and started to ride, turned out to be a waste of time. The upper path was a circle around a clearing about 500' around. So not to waste the time I did a few laps and then down the access path and back up. It was the hardest hill I ever did, if I was on a bike I would have fell over on the first 100'. After I reached the SUV all but out of breath from the climb, I took a break had some water and a piece of fruit. I loaded the trike and headed to another place I could park and ride some more. I reached this new location and completed 11 miles there so I ended up with a good workout. So tonight being a no cook night in our household I decided to have bagel for dinner and cancel out the days workout. I have been trying to maintain a weight of 153 during the week and eat what ever I want on the weekend. I never go crazy with fatty food, but I will eat dinner out on Saturday and have desert which I share with my wife. When I was younger I never had a weight problem, but now I go between 151 and 155 lbs, which is not bad. I am tuff on myself when I reach the 155, and really watch what I eat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride