Exhausted!!!

I left early this afternoon for a ride along the road parallel to the D & R tow path. The sun was shining and there was a brisk breeze of 14 MPH coming out of the West. At least that is what my local forecast said. I headed south on the road for about two miles, and had to turn around and run the other leg do to the construction in progress. As soon as I turned I knew I was in for a rough ride. There were wind gusts of 30 MPH and when the wind wasn't howling it was about 20 MPH not the 14 MPH the weather channel said. It was like walking in mud. My legs were aching and I thought I would never make it back to where I started. When I returned to my start point the wind had either died or changed direction, so I continued straight. The wind was not bad and I did another 3 miles heading North, when all of a sudden the wind picked up again forcing me to turn back toward the car. The wind continued at my tail all the way back letting me pedal at speeds up to 28 MPH without any strain. So all in all I did another 10 miles today. This wind is going to be with us this whole week. I will just grit my teeth and bare it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride