Today's Game Plan!

The first thing I did this morning was to go to my local auto supply and purchase a product called the California Duster. This product has chemically treated fibers which draw dust and pollen like a magnet. I found that after a few days riding the trike became covered in a yellow green coating of pollen. As soon as I started to move forward this pollen was blown directly into my face, and of course my allergies became a problem. I know that I can not get rid of dust completely, but this will help.

The temperature is now 60 degrees and rising, and in a little while I will go out and take the trike for a ride.

I just came back from a leisurely 12 mile ride, the temperature is a beautiful 68 degrees and the sun is shining. There was a stiff breeze at around 10 knots, making it hard to pedal against the wind. I was still able to maintain around 12 mph and a cadence of 63 rpm.

Now for the exciting part! I was traveling North on local Route 27 on the shoulder, when a car traveling in my same direction stopped at the light to make a left turn. Another car behind him decides he is going to go around him by riding on the shoulder. I blew my 115 dB horn which he couldn't hear because his radio was so loud you could hear it a block away. I made a sharp right onto the grass, which I was lucky it was grass and not a curb. If it was a curb I would have been crushed between the car and the curb. I don't know how he didn't see me since I am flying two bright orange reflective flags atop a 7' shaft. A few cars stopped to see if I was OK, and said they saw me a block away, and couldn't figure how he didn't see me.

Comments

The first thing I did today was trip up over my dressing gown. Your start was better. You win.
Joel said…
I hope you didn't get hurt!

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride