Road test and Safety LED


Yesterday I went on my semi annual trip to LL Beane for some shirts and shorts, and while there I purchased a LED light made by Princeton Technology. This LED has two modes, on and flashing, I will use the flashing mode. The LED clips on to the top of my Flag shaft allowing cars to see me over the crest of hills. The problem with riding a trike is that you have a very low profile. Having a low profile and riding on hilly roads causes you to be invisible to a car until they are just about on top of you. Having a flashing LED on top of a 6' mast makes it easier for the car to see me before he comes to the top of the crest of the hill.

Today I took a 10 mile test ride to see if the brakes were making that annoying noise. I am happy to say that they are not making that noise any longer.

I have added another item to my to do list. This item is a GPS training computer, it will give me the normal speed, but also provide me with altitude and direction etc. This way I can plot my training sessions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride