I should have listened to my gut feelings!

I had placed and order at 10:00 AM EST at bike Nashbar, and was told it would ship the same day. I have checked with Nashbar customer service yesterday afternoon and it had not shipped. I called this morning and the item I ordered went out Parcel Post last evening, which in all intensive purposes means it is going out late today. Parcel Post is the slowest form of package shipping. The item was shipped from the warehouse in Ohio, I wonder how long it will take to get to New Jersey! For a company to charge UPS prices and ship Parcel Post is highway robbery. They could have sent it out Priority Mail, and they still would have made a profit on shipping. I have to remember not to use them again, even with the lower price, it is just aggravating dealing with them.

Sure enough when I went to check the online status of the order at Nashbar it said shipped 04/26/06. I can't figure out that they are the only bike parts supplier that takes over two days to ship and order Parcel Post. At least I know for sure it is on its way.

At 10:15 this morning I went to my pain doctor for my usual 5 shots to my lower back, and didn't get out of his office until 12:00 PM. He is always at least one hour behind schedule.
As soon as I got home I had a light lunch and headed out for my daily ride around the local roads and streets. I did 11 miles, but I thought I would be in so much pain that I would get only a few miles in. The 2" foam seat on the AB Tadpole is a great cushion for my back. Tomorrow I will truly be hurting, but that is what is expected when you get shots in the lower back.

Tomorrow I will go to my local auto parts store and look for some yellow or white reflective tape. I plan to apply some to the flag shaft so it reflects in the daylight hours also. I can use all the visibility I can get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride