Bottle Cage Modification!


After looking over my idea to purchase the CatEye BC-100 bottle cage, I came to the conclusion that for a few bucks I don't have to go out and purchase a new bottle cage and the things needed to mount it.

I decided to got to Home Depot and purchase (2) 2" 1/2" hose clamps and (2) bags of Gardner Bender 12-4 AWG Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing. I then slipped to pieces of the Heat Shrink Tubing over each clamp and using a hair dryer heat the shrink tubing to shrink it around the clamp. I repeated this for each piece of heat shrink and each clamp. This left me with to clamps covered in plastic which will not scratch the paint of the trike. I now used the clamps to fasten my light weight bottle cage to the frame in front of the cross-beam. All was left to do was place (2) 1" pieces of shrink tubing over the ends of the clamps after installing the cage. I have included a photo showing the installation minus the (2) short pieces of heat shrink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride