First Ride & Steering Upgrade

Yesterday was my first extended ride on the ActionBent trike. All I can say is amazing! The ride was fairly smooth, and not jittery at all. The steering was very responsive and easy to control. The turn radius is large as I expected it would be. Sharp turns were very stable and felt like the trike was connected to a track. I did feel a little like I was going to fall on my side, but there was no danger of that. I guess it is like making a sharp turn in a car and you are pulled to one side. I will continue tweaking the cockpit, until I get the handles just where I want them. I already have moved the computer for better view and have played with bar position. I am sure the seat would be a lot more comfortable if it had some open cell foam. Randy form ActionBent is bringing some home from TW where he is attending the bike show.

I am hoping today the package containing the panniers from Bike Nashbar will be delivered. And I plan to visit my local LBS to see how much it would cost to add a bar-end under the left shifter.

Many of the AB Trike owners found that on sharp turns there can be a binding of the steering linkage, and come up with similar fixes. I went to my local Home Depot and purchased two 1/2" Long Bronze bushings. I placed these under the ball joint and the linkage bar. The photo will explain it better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride