Accident could have been worse

This morning I met Sol and Gus for a ride through Princeton, we all expected an nice leisurely ride of about 17 miles. After we were on a paved path in Princeton with Gus out front on his DF and Sol next on his DF followed by me. All of a sudden I see Sol flipping over his handlebars and the bike following and landing on him. I saw no reason for this to happen but it did. Sol was bleeding very badly from a gash on the side of his face, and his right hand little finger was bent back and broken. After further evaluation we saw he was hurt worse than we thought. He lost some teeth and has a concussion along with the gash and road rash. We called 911 and in less than five minutes help was there tending to his injuries. After getting him stable he was taken to the hospital where he remains until they give him the OK to go home. The ride was cut short at 10.00 miles as Gus and I wanted to get back to the starting point and go to the hospital which we did. The average speed was only 9 mph and a max speed of 18.0. I burnt 471 calories in the one hr we rode. I didn't want to ride the unpaved trails and tow path but we did in order to get back to our cars faster. I was surprised the trike handled so well for such a rough trail. As soon as I find out anything I will update the blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride