Pedaling against a wall!

This morning I started out to ride 20 miles and ended up with only 10.05 miles. I thought the wind of 33mph that we had yesterday was hard, and I did 20 miles, but today the wind was a constant 35 with even higher gusts. The wind from the SW meant that it was coming directly in my face a good portion of the ride making it almost impossible to gain any speed. There were times that it felt like I was pushing against a wall, and was ready to throw in the towel. I had an average speed of 12.12mph and a maximum speed of 25.9mph. I burnt 468 calories, and I need to burn a lot more to get back to my summer weight. For lunch I have been having a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich on light breat, but I am going to be eating fat free Yogurt every other day. It has a lot less in the fat department. At the weight I am now I fell very sluggish, and I know I feel better with less weight. My ideal weight is in the 150-153, and I am hovering in the 158-160 range. With my fragile back any additional weight results in more pain.

Tomorrow I will not be riding as my son enters the hospital for his Crohns surgery. I am hoping that he is able to tolerate food and get out of the hospital by the end of the weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride