Whats new and exciting?

Well nothing real exciting other than a another comfort adjustments on the trike. The adjustment was to the neck-rest, which was a little too high for use with my Bell Faction helmet. The new helmet comes down in the back a little more than the Bell Metro requiring that I drill two new holes in the neck-rest support frame. I think that the neck-rest is now in a better position which is lower in relation to where it was. On my next ride I will know for sure if the adjustment needs anymore tweaking.

A few moments ago I received a call from McMaster Carr regarding the replacement tie-rod ends that I ordered. I was told that they are ready for pickup, you can't get better customer than they provide. I assume by now Tom has placed the first coat pf primer and maybe even paint on the brackets. They should be in the mail by early next week. As soon as I have them I will perform a few comparison tests. I am looking forward to this modification as it should improve steering greatly. If the steering upgrade works as I expect it should, it will add life to the tires, and provide a tighter turning radius with out heavy tire scrub. Things are right on schedual for this upgrade. The tie-rod ends that I ordered will have left and right hand threads, allowing the alignment of the front wheels to be done with a turn of the tie-rod. The original trike steering had right hand threads on both ends, making alignment a big job as I had to remove the tie-rod ends from the trike mount and turn them. It meant that adjustment took longer than it should.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride