Exhausting Ride and other tidbits

This morning at 11:00 I started out on what I thought would be a great ride. Boy could I ever be wrong. The temperature was 61 degrees but the winds were gusting to 39 Mph out of the WNW. I was exhausted just trying to maintain a 10 to 12 Mph speed. I did manage to get a few sprints in and my top speed was 29.30 Mph and my average speed was 12.16 mph. I burnt 471 calories and had a total elevation gain of 213'.



Yesterday I decided that I should replace the toy lock I bought in the Dollar store with a much more secure lock. I did my research and asked many questions at the Bent Rider Online forum and on the ActionBent forum, but that only confused me. To many different trains of thought on the subject. So I looked for reviews on locks and their security ratings. I found that a lock by Masterlock called the Street Cuff was one of the top contenders and was not as heavy. The Street Cuffs have an overall length of 22" which would allow me to lock the cuff around the main frame just behind the cross "T", and the other end through the front wheel and then around a pole or rail. If no pole or rail is available I can just clamp the other end around the front wheel which will demobilize the trike. I figure that the lock along with the alarm will serve the purpose very well in deterring theft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride