Chemicals did not work as expected!

Early this morning FedEx showed up with the box containing the bluing and blacking chemicals. I read the directions and followed them to the letter, but the results were poor. I contacted the company for some technical support and after a while we came to the conclusion that the alloy in both the steel bracket and the Aluminum safety bracket was not compatible with the chemicals. Tomorrow I will go to Auto Zone and purchase a can of automotive primer and some gloss black spray paint. At least the brackets will have some color.

After reassembling the trike I headed over to Halters Cycle in South Brunswick New Jersey to have Chris change the rear shifter cable, and add a Avid Rollama jig. He also shortened the section of cable next to the rear derailIeur, which was way to long. I rode the trike for 11.32 miles on some of the worst rodes possible. I decided to take this route to both test the steering modifications and to test the rear dérailleur. The recent storm played havoc to these roads, there are bumps, ruts and every conceivable condition. There are also a lot of climbs and rolling hills on the Canal Road side, but on the River Road side there are some steep climbs and sharp turns. I averaged 11.46 Mph and my highest speed was 28.0 Mph I burnt 527 calories.

I will post photos of the paint job and the Rollamajig maybe on Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride