Changing my panniers!


After a lot of thought, I have decided to sell my Radical Designs Panniers and purchase the Axiom Monsoon panniers. The main reason for this is that I over estimated the need for such a large pannier, and the Radical Design pannier is way to big. The Axiom Monsoon will be able to handle all my tubes and tools including my pump in one pannier and have the other pannier for my jacket and anything else needed for a day ride. I purchased these panniers from Alfred E Bike, and they seem to have some very reasonable prices. Here is some basic information on these panniers.

Features and Information

  • Fully waterproof welded tarpaulin and 600D polyester
  • Posi-Lock attachment system secures luggage to rack even on rough roads; extra hardware included
  • Roll-down closure for foolproof weather protection
  • Top flap has waterproof pocket on outside, mesh tool pocket on inside
  • Reflective logos and tabs for improved visibility
  • 1510 Cubic Inches 13 x 11 x 5
These panniers also came in a red/black combo, but for some reason it looked like Patent Leather.

Y
esterday I exchanged the tie-rod ends and replaced them with heavy duty Teflon lined ones. The cost was more than double, but it is necessary for tighter steering, and a more firm feeling. Tom will ship the parts out next week, and if the weather changes I will start testing.

I have added a new link to this Blog which is to the Bike Tourist PodCast web page. Gabriel Sierra produces a very interesting podcast regarding touring on a bike or recumbent bike or trike. He has interviews and passes on some very interesting information. Take a look and if you feel generous donate to his cause.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride