Changed the brackets today


Early this morning I changed the steering brackets to the 1 1/8" size and realigned the steering. I am getting real fast at the alignment using two metal tape measures. Took only five minutes and it is done. The turning radius with the tie-rod on top and the 1 1/8" brackets is around 10' still not bad at all. Turning and basic steering is smooth and very nimble. The steering needs a light hand as it is quick and very responsive. High speed runs seemed stable, but I will know more after I do some back to back and "S" turns. I will continue testing with the 1 1/8" brackets and the tie-rod on top as I feel that it is a safer installation. Mounting the tie-rod under the bracket might give a little better steering geometry but it places the tie-rod in harms way plus it also puts the chain tube in contact and deflecting the tube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride