A quick note!

Yesterday I received an answer from Minoura regarding the replacing of the Minoura Besso LH-50 mount. After all the emails back and forth between Minoura and myself, they decided that yes they will replace the damaged and lost bracket. I was told to expect it within ten days, I will be looking for it in the mail.

I am still toying with the idea of moving my dual idlers farther back on the main frame. The reason is to raise the height of the power side of the chain to allow it to pass over the two bolts that hold the cross "T". This move will allow a straighter chain line. But it means removing the cable form the rear dérailleur, and drilling a hole for the cable to pass through the idler bracket. Before I do such a drastic thing I will remove the idler wheels from the bracket and move it back and see if it will give me what I want. I will also mean a reworking of the Teflon tube mounts, but that is a minor thing, and the least of the problems. My main concerns are the lining up of the bracket and the cable guide in order to mark and drill the bracket.

At this time depending how much money is available I plan to change two of my chain rings to the Q-Rings. This will be done at Halters, and they will purchase the parts and install them. I will do this around my birthday, as I will be getting some cash as presents. I originally planned to change just the middle 42t ring to a 40t Q-Ring, but now I will change the 42t ring to a 40t Q-Ring.

Well that is enough of my ramblings for now as I have to have breakfast and fill the SUV with gas. My son and daughter inlaw are attending a wedding and I am driving them to the airport. I will return to the airport on Sunday and take them home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride