Day two without Grace.

Today was my second day without my constant companion, and thanks to my son it wasn't too bad. The hardest part was in the morning when Grace didn't come and try to bite my ankles, something she does every morning like a ritual. A little later I really felt how much she is missed when I went over to my sons home to pick him up for a CT scan in the city, and his two cats met me at the door. I was hit me like a tun of bricks, and the reality of Grace being gone, really sunk in. My son and daughter think that in time we should get another cat, even knowing nothing can replace her.

My sons appointment was for 1:00PM and we arrived at 20 minutes to 1:00. As soon as we got there they told him he had to drink 5 glasses of barium which tastes like Sh*t, then wait 20 minutes until it moves through his system. They finally called 45 minutes late, but only a few minutes later he came out and told me that he had to drink 3 more glasses of the stuff and wait an hour for it to be where it should. They finally called him in 15 minutes after the hour passed. The complete test took 15 minutes, and we stopped to get David a slice of Pizza before we headed home. I am hopping that everything the doctor needed to get David on his way to recovery is done now other than surgery.

I received the whip mount from ICE the day before yesterday and I will mount it later today, it took only 4 days from the day it was shipped. Now that was fast. My Glo-Gloves came yesterday and I removed the patches on the palms, I will see how well these things will last.

UPDATE: I have mounted the Trice (ICE) flag mount today and I think it came out great. I have placed a grommet at the rack level to prevent the whip from impacting the rack while riding. The mount enables me to easily remove the whip when transporting the trike in my SUV.

This Saturday we are going out to my daughters in Exton PA to celebrate my birthday. It should be very nice to have my son and his wife Kate and Jennifer and her husband Evan plus my grandson Aiden all in one room. This doesn't happen often because of the distance, but all and all I am glad to see them.

I will post photographs of the mount when I get it done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride