Smartube Hydration System is here!

This morning I went out at about 10:00 AM EST for a ride which I hoped would be long. But after doing 12 miles it started to rain and I ended my ride for today. The temperature was 55 degrees at the start of ride and 60 degrees at the end. The winds were out of the WNW at 7 mph gusting to 12 mph.

When I got home I found a package at the front door, it was the Smartube Hydration System sent from Israel. It was the standard system for standard super market water bottles and the top for a bike bottle. It also included the insulating hose cover. After assembling the unit I decided not to use the insulating cover they provided, but the one from my Camelbak. It also came with a straight bite valve and an angle one, I used the angle. Adapting my Polar insulated bottle will mean a modification of the top, not a hard job. Below is a photo of the unit mounted on my recumbent trike. This unit I feel will fill the gap between a large Camelbak and a water bottle. It will give the convenience of a water bottle and the utility of a Hydration kit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride