Two days washed out!

Both yesterday and today are no ride days do to poor to nasty weather. The rain has not stopped for a minute, and it looks like tomorrow might be a little better. I hope to ride tomorrow.

I am still in the process of deciding which GPS I will purchase. At this time I am looking at the Garmin Forerunner 205 and the Garmin Edge 205. The edge can be mounted on the trike with a included bike mount. The Forerunner has a wrist strap, but I am sure I can build a mount. It might be safer to keep it on the wrist, but I will investigate them both some more. I will not be using this as a true GPS, I want it more for training. I'm interested in how many calories I burn and the amount of climb done in a particular ride or course. With this information I can gage my improvement or lack of. The Forerunner is a much smaller unit than the Edge, but I am not sure if that matters. Battery life on both units is around 10 hours as stated by Garmin, but I have a hunch that this amount is highly over stated. I will keep you updated on my progress in the search.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride