Seat Wedge out for delivery



This morning I prepared the seat on the Black Widow to accept the new seat wedge. I am expecting that the addition of the wedge will make longer rides more comfortable. Sometimes I feel like I am slipping off the front of the seat. Not as much as I felt on the HP seat, which was most of the time. The seat wedge is on the Fedex truck out for delivery, and I hope it gets here early, but with Fedex who knows. I have removed the Velcro from the seat base, so it is easier to apply the 3M #45 General Purpose Spray Adhesive. I will UPDATE this blog as things progress. I will also add a photograph of this modification and what had to be done to get it to work.

The seat wedge was delivered and it took only a few minutes to install. It took just a few cuts with a sharp knife to adjust, then glued it down to seat base. I then glued the cushion to the seat base.



I have also provided a photo of the Power Beam mounted on Space Grip.

UPDATE: I took the Black Widow out for a test of the new seat wedge, and it lived up to my expectations. I no longer feel that I am slipping off the front of the seat and it holds well in a turn. It will take a few days to get accustomed to the feel, but I am sure it will be fine. I had to reposition the cushion because it didn't overlap in the front of the seat as it should. But now it is fine tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride