Reworked Chain Tube mounts


I didn't like the method I used to secure the chain tubes do to the rigid mounting. Tie-wraps are not the answer, so I had to come up with something that would allow the chain tubes to float with the up and down and side to side movement of the tubes during shifting. I came up with the idea to use chuck key holder from Home Depot. These holders cost $1.19 each in the tool department. I purchased two and with a few washers and nuts and two nylon thumb screws I created the mounts. I test drove the trike with the new mounts, and they are totally silent and work better than expected. I tried this setup on both smooth and rough roads and bike paths, and found them to be the answer. My ride today lasted 10 miles under cloudy skies and a temperature of 79 degrees with the wind out of the SSW at 5 MPH.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride