Thursday, February 07, 2013

Long time since I have rode or posted.

The weather hasn't been warm enough for me to ride, but the main problem started with a Sinus Infection. I was put on antibiotics but they didn't work so my GP took a nose culture that found MRSR, as you know this is very dangerous. So for the last 30 days or so I have been on two different Antibiotics and I take another culture on the 15th. I hope my nose will be clear by then.

During this time I have spent days working on the trike adding a new seat, neck-rest, horn and headlight.  I also added a second Maxxon brake light and a taillight. The seat I added was a Volae Carbon Fiber seat which reduces the weight of the trike a bit.  The neck-rest is an made by ICE and it nice, but it needs a larger cushion. Or maybe time to get accustomed to it. I mounted it on large washers to spread the weight across a larger area and rubber washers between the metal washers to prevent cracking.  I also added PVC tubes in the screw holes to prevent the threads of the bolts rubbing the seat material. Below are some photos. of the seat, horn and lights.
In the above picture you can see the new seat and neckrest that holds the new taillight. Also the new headlight and its battery pack in front of the seat. In the rear you can see the additional Maxxon brake light. All the bottle cages are Carbon Fiber.
This is a top view of the 140db Hornit horn.
This is a side view of the Hornit horn and its button.

Above view shows the rear facing light mounted to the bottom of the chain-stay and if you look you can see the mounting metal and rubber washers behind the seat.  The flag was also moved to the rear of the chain-stay.

In the following months I will replace the existing cushion with a Ventist comfort pad, but they are first being approved by the Hostel Shoppe.

No comments: