Latest trike modifications

It has been a while since I have been able to get on the trike and ride do to my MRSR infection, but I now have a clean bill of health.  But I think the weather will still hold me back.

I have the seat mounted and made a few modifications to the mounting mainly as a precaution to protect the Carbon fiber seat.  I mounted the seat in the following way. On the lower mount I placed a large fender washer over each mounting hole. Next on top of each fender washer I placed a 1 3/4" rubber Grommet with a smaller Grommet placed inside to reduce the inside diameter for the 8mm cap head screw. On top of that came another metal fender washer followed by a rubber washer. This raised the seat by 1/2" in the front but allowing more recline. On top of the seat first came a rubber washer then a fender washer. The screw had a plastic sleeve as thick as the Carbon fiber around the screw so when tightened the threads did not touch the seat. Below are photos of the mounts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride