Water Bottle Cage on main boom

At this time I have a water bottle cage mounted on the main boom using two hose clamps covered in heat shrink tubing. It looks good and serves the intended purpose. I have an Ascent Carbon Fiber bottle cage which will not allow this type of mounting. So in order to use this nice looking and lite cage, I had to come up with a mount. I decided to use the top section of a Minoura bottle mount that is screwed to the heat shrink covered hose clamp. I drilled a hole through the clamp inserted a 5mm pan head screw through the hole from the bottom screwed on a 5mm Nylock nut then came the bracket and another 5mm Nylock nut. The results are this elegant practical and simple mount. The cage shown on the mount is just for demo purposes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride