Security Update


On Friday I received the alarm from Ducharme and I am mostly pleased with it. The alarm will serve the function as a warning system. My only fault with the system is the provided mount, which is far from robust. The first attempt to mount the alarm using the provided mounting plat was totally disastrous, resulting in the tabs on the plate breaking off. I didn't even put any pressure on it. The tabs are made of plastic and even if I did get the alarm mounted using the plate, it would break off on the first ride. I ordered the Minour bottle mount and I will mount it using that. Right now I have it mounted with Tie-Wraps which are provided to do this. I have the alarm installed on the left bar-end or mirror mount, but the unit contains ball bearings which I could hear when riding., which to me is not acceptable. So I will relocate the unit to the front dérailleur post. The actual operation and setup is very easy, but the instruction sheet is like one of those instruction sheets that are fan folded in a bottle of medicine. Not for the person with bad eye site, unless you have a magnifying glass. To set the alarm it means pressing two buttons at the same time. To disable press your five digit combination. Example if the alarm code is 1, 2, 3, 1,2 you would just press the buttons that are numbered 1 to 3. If you want to use a number such as 12 you would press 1 & 2 button at the same time etc. I have mine set to prevent false alarms. The first time someone touches the trike, or moves it just a bit the alarm lets out a screech, the second time the same and the third touch sets of the two 110 db alarms. It is very loud and should attract my attention.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride