My newest acquisition.


For a long time I have been using a CatEye computer for speed and another for cadence. The one for speed is a CatEye Micro that works fine and never had a problem. The one I use for cadence is a CatEye Mighty Eight, and that also has been working fine. I really don't want to use a separate computer for cadence and didn't have too many options. Now a few companies like VDO and Sigma of Germany have come out with wireless computers that handle both cadence and speed functions. The main thing is that these two computers have separate cadence and speed sensors, allowing me to mount one sensor on the main boom for cadence, and one on the kingpin brake mount. The Sigma is the one I acquired and it has the following distance from sensor to receiver ratings. The cadence sensor can be 90cm or 35" away from the computer and the speed sensor can be no more than 70cm or 27". Both locations on the Black Widow are well within those parameters. The unit should be in my grubby hands sometime next week as it is coming First Class Mail. There sensor design allows me to put the cadence magnet on the crank and not on the Q-Ring. This unit also has a low battery warning which I like a lot. As soon as it is installed I will update the Blog with a test report.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride