Trice Flag Mount and other Updates!


I received an email from John at ICE informing me that the mount for my new Be Seen Wear Whip should be in by lunch time in the United Kingdom. He said he will post it today if it is in on time. He also informed me that he drilled out the holder to 6.6mm to accept my 1/4" whip. I thought that was very nice of him and I appreciate that very much.

A package came yesterday from True Goo containing my 32oz bottle of tire sealant. When I take Black Widow to the bike shop I will have them replace the tube on the rear 559 tire and install the True Goo.

I
have still not decided on which helmet camera system to purchase, a lot will depend on how much money I have available after my 60th birthday. I would love to get the Archos 404 which has a 30Gb hard-drive and a high resolution video helmet camera. That system is the most expensive of the units I have been looking at. I really like this because the camera has a remote control in line with the camera. So there is no fumbling for the buttons. It also has a built in microphone, but I will add music to the video.
The Archos 404 has a resolution of 640x480 at 30Fps, which is real nice. It also saves the video MPEG4 which YoTube uses. I would have to buy a few additional items such as a media docking adapter allowing me to offload photographs from my Pentax DSLR to the Archos for viewing. I am not sure if there is a protective case that comes with it, if not I will have to find one. As using the unit on the trike can be rough.








Another unit I am looking at does not have as many great features nor does it have a 640x480 resolution, but it will serve the purpose. I just don't think it would warrant the cost. The unit is called the DSR 100 from MotoComm.

The DSR-100 is the most complete (and affordable!) helmet camera and recording system available. The DSR-100 comes with everything required to start making videos of your next ride!

Complete Helmet Camera and Digital Recording System

· Record your Ride – Video & Audio!

· Listen to Music – Built-In MP3 Player

· Use as Active Rearview Camera System

· Take Digital Still Pictures

Weatherproof Bullet-Style Camera

· Universal Helmet/Bike Mount Included

· Rugged Aluminum Housing

· Weatherproof Connector

Digital Recorder/Playback Unit with Color Display

· Records Video and Audio from Camera and Remote-Mount Microphone

· Uses Standard Compression and File Formats

· Saves Video in Internet Standard 320x240 at 30 Frames per Second Resolution

· 128MB On-Board Memory

· Accepts SD Cards (1GB SD Card = 4 Hours of Video/Audio Recording)

· Color LCD and Built-In Speaker for On-The-Go Playback, or Rear view Camera Monitor

· Built-In MP3 Player - Helmet Speakers Included!

· USB Connector for Transfer of Video/Audio Files to Computer

· Analog RCA Video/Audio Output for Playback of Videos Direct to TV

· Captures Digital Still Pictures from Helmet Camera

· All Cables and Accessories Included in Convenient Carrying Case

****PHOTOGRAPHS © Archos & © MotoComm***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride