Flags and flag mount Plus New Products

Over the past few weeks I have been toying with the idea of changing my flag mount setup to the type that Trice (ICE) uses on there trikes. It is a nice looking mount and looks like it would work very well. It mounts with one screw on the chain stay, and uses the fender bracket hole. I am not sure if it will work because I have the panniers, but I think it is worth the try. I will order them as soon as I am sure I want to go ahead with the idea.
At this time I am putting money aside for the Q-Ring project, and I am not sure how much I will have to add to purchase them. This all depends on how well I do gift wise for my 60th birthday.

The weather here in New Jersey is far from good riding weather, so I am stuck in the house. I am ready to pull the hair out of my head, I am so very bored. I have to admit that i spend a lot of time researching my projects on the Internet, and posting on the different recumbent forums. I post mostly on BROL If the weather was around 40 degrees I would go out and ride, but the temperature is hovering around 20 degrees which feels like 5 degrees.

I have been reading my copy of Recumbent and Tandem Rider magazine that comes out every three months. They were reporting on the Interbike trade show in Europe. There are a bunch of new and exciting products coming out in the near future. There is a product by a company called Hydrant Systems, that allows you to drink without bending your head back and away from the road.
There is another product that looks like a shoulder holster, and it allows the rider to carry his or her cell phone, ID and some money in a position that is not cumbersome and not like a fanny pack which rides on your waist. The company that sells it is called Urban Tool, and the nearest seller is them in Canada, which means that the cost to import into the USA will be high. I was quoted a price for the holster of $39.90 US plus $15.00 US for shipping and another $4.00 US for duty. This nifty holster comes in a variety of colors , but the one I like bright yellow is not available, so my next choice is red. Another that stands out is from a company called Bonk Protection, they make bike protection films that are clear adhesive films that you place on the frame of your bike or trike to protect its paint. They have patches for the chain stay area and covering for complete bike. This company also makes reflective tapes in different colors, which would blend in with your bike or trike while adding much needed safety for riders. As new products come out I will try to post them here. Happy riding!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride