Cleaning day for a very dirty chain.

After yesterdays ride on 12.5 miles of debris covered roads the chain on the Black Window was a dirty mess. It was covered with black and brown gunk from the wet roads and the decaying leaves. I really thought this was going to be a very hard and tedious job. But to my surprise using 409 spray and a dry towel the chain came clean in a very short time with minimal brushing. I even cleaned the cassette and the dérailleur to almost spotless condition. I will need to get a gunk brush to do an even better job. I credit the ease of cleaning to Dumonde Tech lubrication that I have been using. Even after this rigorous cleaning the chain is just as quiet as after I freshly lubricate the chain. I doubt I will be able to get out and ride in the next two days as I have things to do at home and a wedding tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride