The Hydration system

One of the many things I want to do is extend my ride distance, and if done I would need a better hydration system. For real long rides I have the CamelBack system, but I hate maintaining it. For moderate rides I find I need two 24 oz water bottles, but if I use the main bottle on the front boom it is a pain to remove the one under the seat. Actually it is easier to remove than to replace, so something had to be done. Then a new product came along called the Smartube system, which consists of different bottle caps to fit everything from a water bottle you buy in the grocery to a bike bottle. This system even has a insulated tube cover available as an option. I tried to purchase one in the USA, but the distributor has not signed a deal with the company. They are easy to obtain in Europe and the UK. Jeff from Rebel-Cycles in Canada is getting some so I guess I will buy mine from him, unless I find it in the USA. What makes this system so unique is the one-way valve in the top that allows air to enter to prevent collapse of the bottle when liquid is removed.
To see the different caps and accessories go here.


The Smartube cap. The insulator tube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride