The great Disc Break Shim hunt!

I spent a good part of the day on the phone looking for shims to place behind the disc break rotor to move it out about 4 to 6 mm to allow the caliper to pass the wheel covers without hitting. I called a bunch of places when I found a shop that carries them, or so they said. After riding to the shop which is a good half hour away he starts looking for them and finally says to me "I thought I had them but I guess not". He then calls another shop about 20 minutes away, and they say they have some. Well to make a long story short they had the washers but to use them I would have to stack them 4 or 5 high which would be a pain. But the day was not lost, I found what I needed on the Internet and ordered them. Here is what I ordered, and they will do a great job. I am also going to hunt for some 45 degree valve stem extensions to make it easier to fill the tires with the covers on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride