My First Flip!!!!

This morning I took my ride along the bike trail and had my first flip, and hope it is the last. The accident happened like this. I was doing about 30+ mph going down a hill on the bike path when I came to a crest in the path. I knew from before there is a branch off of the trail at this point, which I never use because it is loose gravel. Well as I came over the crest I saw a abandoned car sitting across the trail. I knew I didn't have enough time to completely stop so I headed for the right-hand branch off. And that was a BIG Error! I was so panicked I didn't lean into the turn, and the trikes wheel came off the ground. There was a one foot drop on my left, and the trike flipped over 3/4 of a turn and landed on my side off the 1' drop off. I also have a small bit of road rash and my helmet got pretty badly messed up. The rubber cap on the wheel was dirty, and not a scratch on the trike. If it wasn't for the helmet, I don't think I would be writing this. I threw the helmet in the garbage and came straight home. I figured I better stay home and relax, since I did hit my head pretty hard. I am glad I bought two helmets when they were on sale. So now I will use my helmets twin. So PLEASE listen to my warning and where your helmet! I know that this accident was a result of poor judgment on my part, for ridding too fast and not leaning into the turn.

The weather conditions for today's ride was 81 degrees and cloudy. There was a wind out of the NW at 5 mph. I was able to ride 10 miles before the accident.



On another note! After all the hard work modifying my Black Widow, I decided that I should put my signature on my work, so that is exactly what I did.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride