What do I ride for?

Over the years people ask me "why am I devoted to recumbent riding?" At first I would say that "I am no longer able to ride a conventional bike do to my accident and the resulting surgery." But now I would say that riding is fun, comfortable and a source of great exercise. But today I think I have added another use, I did my first small grocery shopping on the trike, and I found it not only is it fun, I also save on gas, and I don't add to the air pollution. Plus the I can combine my sport and chores at the same time. If I planned to do larger shopping I would need larger panniers and a much better lock. I don't plan on that at all, but to go to the farm market or the little convenience store it would be OK with me. Today's ride consisted of local roads with many steep hills which I was able to spin my way up at around 9 to 10 Mph. The total ride was 17+ miles and the temperature was 83 degrees with a wind out of the NE at 4 Mph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride