Tires ordered and ride report

Last night after dinner Alayne and I were discussing my tire problem. She suggested I order the new tires now rather than wait for another tire problem to arise. For some reason my Comet Kevlar tires seem prone to flats, and the compound in the tread area seems very soft. I have had numerous flats where there is no visible object in the tire, and I find just a hole or an irregular cut on the tread area. Yesterday my riding partner suggested I purchase GreenSpeed Scorcher Kevlar tires. He says they give a more softer ride and are supposed to be tough. I looked on Bentrideronline for more information, and found that it has a very low rolling resistance, and is a very popular tire. So I ordered a pair with tubes at Calhoun Cycle, they had a fair price including shipping. They are a lot more expensive than others, but I was willing to take a chance.

This morning I was supposed to ride with my friend Alan, but he called a told me he had to go into the office, so I was on my own. The weather was nice, but a little muggy. The temperature was 86 degrees with a 8 MPH wind out of the SSW. The humidity was very repressive, and there were times I just wanted to give up. But I drank like a Camel and rode 12 miles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride