Hot, Hot, Hot!!!

The temperature this morning was 89 degrees and rising. The weather report said reaching 101 degrees today and very humid. I thought if I was going to ride and get any mileage in testing the new fenders, I better get my butt in gear and head out. I picked a route that consisted of both smooth roads and rough roads and bike paths. I found at first that the right fender was vibrating but also making a sound. The left fender was vibrating and no sound. I proceeded to look for the cause of the noise and after a few minutes I saw that STUPID ME didn't tighten up one of the vertical support nuts. After tightening it I continued on my way. The noise in front went away, but there was a clicking in the rear fender, after looking at it I saw that the fender mount was less than a quarter inch away from the rear rack support. So I bounced the rear wheel and saw that the two were hitting each other. I tried a tie-wrap, and it worked to an extent, but I will have to come up with a better idea as I mentioned in a prior post. Maybe a rubber bumper might solve the problem. Only time will tell. As of now I am very happy with them. By the end of the ride it was 92 degrees and the wind was out of the NW at 2 MPH. I rode a total of 15 miles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride