Fender Test Report

Yesterday I took the Black Widow out for a test ride with the new fenders installed. The front fenders do shake when riding, but I did expect that as the mount is flexible. There sometimes is a noise, but that is only on extremely rough roads. The rear fender when under power hits the luggage rack when on rough roads. That can be fixed with a tie-wrap, but I think I will come up with a better idea, maybe some foam mounted in a strategic location. I will continue to tweak the installation a little. I think I might move the front fenders a little higher on the mounts, to gain more tire clearance. I will also move the trailing section of the rear fender out a little. This first test consisted of fourteen miles on a mix of road types. So far I am very happy, but time will tell. Basically the fenders and mounts are very light, and don't add a lot of mass to the trike.

There will be no ride today, as Alayne and I are heading out to do some food shopping then on to Long Island to visit her brother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride