Nice Day, Nice Ride and More!


Yesterday I awoke to partially cloudy skies but it was clearing. I had an early appointment, but was able to ride at 1:00 PM. It was very hot and humid, which the humidity is the hard part to handle. I was able to do 10 miles before I had to go home and take care of a few chores.

When I got home I found the package containing my new CatEye LD-1000. What a great and bright light. The first thing I noticed is that it doesn't come with a mount for my rack which meant I would have to make one myself. It came with two different seat mounts, from which I was able to use some parts. The other parts came from a standard straight type reflector mount and the nut and bolt from the CatEye LD-1000. When looking at the photo you will see on the far left a part with two nuts and bolts, that is the reflector mount. On the left near the LD-1000 you see a tab, that is the part used from the LD-1000 mount. All in all it looks nice and should work as expected.
The changing of batteries is not a major problem because the tailight does not have to be removed from the mount, even when it is just a push of the tab on the mount.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride