Amazing Ride Today!

I awoke this morning to the sun shining through the heavy clouds, and it looked like there was a glimmer of hope that I would ride today. After I had breakfast I decided to take a chance and hit the road. I checked my tires and headed out toward the local bike path. I had a lot of altitude gain until I reached the path which is a gradual climb for about one and a half miles. I did two loops around the path and then hit the local roads for the rest of the ride. The temperature was 70 degrees and the wind was 8 MPH out of the NNW. On my last leg of the ride I was on State Highway 27 ridding the shoulder, when I came up to a Landscaping truck and its trailer blocking the shoulder and partially in the main road. I looked in my rear view mirror signaled that I was moving into the traffic and rode around the truck and trailer. As I reentered the shoulder a car came out of the driveway directly in front of me, he didn't even look. I slammed on my breaks and came to a sudden stop a foot away from the car. The driver opened his window and said he was very sorry, and that he saw me but didn't realize I was going as fast as he thought. The Black Window stayed in a straight line and the rear wheel did not lift off the ground that I know of. All in all a great and fun ride. I made it home as the wind gusts picked up a great deal and the sky became dark.

Still waiting for Cliff to get his Terracycle idler kit so that he can evaluate it and then if his results are favorable I will get one myself.

I wore my Shimano sandals today with the new cleats which I added a shim to and they work just fine. I am very happy I purchased them, now my feet don't have to sweat in my mountain shoes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride